Major Improvements on our Gallery App
December 05, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Major improvements have been rolled out on our gallery. It's now much easier to use and looks better.
These changes have been rolled out to all our Shift clients. That's the great thing about the 'propagation' structure that we've invested so heavily in. When we do updates, they're instantly available to all our clients so everyone can enjoy the improvements.
- We now have 15 gallery templates to choose from. There are now combinations for two to four columns, with square, landscape and portrait options.
- We've also introduced a 'list view', showing the thumbnail of each image on the left, and the comments to the right. We've got small and big options, for portrain, square and landscape.
- The templates automatically resize base on the 'page type' the page they're placed on. For example, if the page is wide, the thumbnails will be larger, but if the gallery is placed on a page of three quarter width, the thumbnails will be smaller.
- Of course, our cilents are always in control - if they'd like to customise the number of columns, thumbnail width, thumbnail height, zoom width, zoom height, transition effect and caption position they still can.
- We also fixed a bug effected people creating custom thumbnail widths, and them being overwritten when they added more images to the gallery.
- We also thought the the thumbnails on the gallery looked a little 'placed'. To counter this, we put the option of a hairline border around the thumbnails (which can be turned on and off through use of a tickbox).
As always, these new features are now available to all Shift sites.